dont take your finger off the Z button and scream
DIRECT LINKS TO SAILOR MOON CRYSTAL SIMULCAST PAGES:
If your language is not listed on Niconico, please don’t contact me! I’m just a huge Sailor Moon fan closely following news and the SMC staff on twitter/FB. I’m here to help share news with you as quickly as I can. I don’t work for these companies. If you want to see your language, feel free to contact the big people on top!
I also wanted to note that Hulu/Neon Alley, Crunchyroll, and Niconico are all LEGAL STREAMING sites. So you can watch Sailor Moon Crystal for FREE and LEGALLY. By supporting official, legal simulcasts of Sailor Moon Crystal, you are supporting the show and the staff. If there’s enough popularity, we may see a second season down the road! Sailor Moon Crystal will be following the first arc of the manga (as stated on the official Sailor Moon website) which involves Queen Beryl and the Dark Kingdom. So if you want to possibly see Chibiusa and the outers down the road, please show your support and watch legally for free!!
For more information on streaming via Niconico, please view my old post here.
Yaaaaaay actual legal sources are getting spread for once~
Oh my god I love how excited my astronomy professor was teaching us about Europa today. <3 And as a result I’m now excited about Europa too, so let’s have a quick rundown of this neat little moon.
- It’s one of Jupiter’s four major moons (the Galilean Moons), it’s the second closest to the planet after Io
- Apart from some mineral deposits its surface is mainly water ice
- Beneath that ice, however, there’s a liquid water ocean
- How? Well the moon’s heated internally by the powerful tidal forces from Jupiter that bend and stretch its interior, resulting in heat energy
- The resulting arrangement is something like a version of Earth’s plate tectonics with water and ice in place of Earth’s magma and rock, so the ice surface of Europa is constantly being reshaped, forming mountainous ice ridges, rifts through which water flows up and freezes to create new “land”, and also geysers which can shoot some pretty frickin’ tall water plumes
- Back to that ocean though, it’s a legit candidate for life and (even though we don’t know anything one way or the other) if there is any it may not be dissimilar to the stuff we’ve got hanging out by our deep sea vents here on Earth, relying on an internal heat source rather than the sun
- Like for real there’s genuine interest in sending a thing to Europa to get under the ice and check that ocean out, get samples of the water, and just see what there is to see, cause whatever’s down there, there’s a lot to learn no matter what
So yeah this is my professor’s favorite place in the whole Solar System, I’m just passing the cool stuff along and subtly hinting at some serious sci-fi potential to play with. :D
#lonelychairsatcern rare corduroy chair at the entrance of the hall on #b150 #b8 #CERN
this is a blog consisting exclusively of pictures of chairs in deserted CERN corridors and it’s perfection
My forgiveness doesn’t determine what an abuser does. The only thing that determines what an abuser does, is the abuser themselves. I’m not in control of that. But thank you for telling me that half of my family should die, that makes me feel a lot better while my father is dying. Get the fuck away from me. Now. Just go. Find somewhere else to vent your rage if you have to, but get away from me.
what the fuck
it is not other people's job to police how abuse survivors survive abuse
if forgiveness helps someone, they should forgive! If anger helps, they should be angry! If spite, or sadness, or just not thinking about their abuser is what helps them in their recovery, then they should fucking do that
other people do not get to have a fucking opinion on this point
Saying “you need to hate your abuser” is no better then saying “you need to love your abuser.” Both take the agency out of the hands of the one person who has any say in the matter by turning it into a moral mandate. Recovery is an extremely personal process, and different tactics work for different people.
It is not up to anyone else to tell them what they are REQUIRED to do to handle their own recovery.
Also, I take personal issue with this statement:
Every abuser you forgive is an abuser who will go on to violate and hurt someone else.
This is implying that by forgiving abusers (and by extension of the anon’s earlier argument, not killing them), they are complicit and indirectly responsible for their future actions. Maybe you missed the fucking memo that states abuse survivors are not responsible for the actions of their abusers!? This doesn’t mysteriously change later on when they are in the process of recovery just because they used a method you don’t like!
Frankly, telling someone that they are responsible for the abuse of others if they treat their abusers in a way other then the way you approve of is abusive. You’re basically saying “their blood is on your hands for not acting in a way I approve of,” using the very trauma they are trying to recover from as a weapon. That sort of manipulative rhetoric is fucking sickening, and utterly indefensible.
(sorry, I usually don’t talk on tumblr, but this REALLY got my ire up).
ok I can’t remember if I’ve mentioned this but I keep thinking about the story of Jack and the Beanstalk and how the best character in the whole story is only briefly mentioned. We’re given such limited amount of information about the guy that sells Jack the beans. essentially:
- This guy has access to MAGIC BEANS
- He either has NO USE for MAGIC BEANS or so many of them that he can just dispose of them
- He really badly wants a cow
Why is the whole story not about this guy
Pretty sure this is one of those things in fairy tales where you can write it off as “magic-users are dicks.” Like, no matter what the story’s about or what the moral is or who’s telling it, there’s just this endless supply of people running around with magic powers or magic artifacts or control of some magic beast that’s got nothing better to do than screw with whoever’s dumb enough to talk to them.
Jack and the Beanstalk: “I’m going to the market.” “What, we need something?” “No, I’m just in the mood to watch some peasant lose his damn mind over a bunch of plants.” “Okay, cool.”
Rapunzel: “Mrs. Witch, please, can I have some food from your garden?” “No. Unless…” “Unless what?” “Unless you give me your baby.” “Are you…are you going to eat the baby?” “Nah. I figure I’ll just stick it in a tower or something.” “Witches are weird.”
Rumpelstiltskin: “You told the king I could spin straw into gold?” “Yup.” “And he believed you?” “Yup.” “What sort of asshole believes something like that?" "Sweetheart, do you remember that month we all had to go vegetarian because some Russian hobo got his hands on a sack that could hold Death?" "Never mind, Papa."
Pick any natural number (whole numbers ≥ 1)
Follow this pattern:
- If the number is even, divide by two (n/2).
- If the number is odd, multiply by three and add one (3n+1).
- Repeat until you reach the number one
This is called the Collatz Conjecture, an unsolved problem in mathematics, that states that for any natural number you start off with, you will eventually get to one by following this process.
It’s also a great way to kill time.
The gals in purple. By takezaka tarou.
Pretty much all the fights in touhou
Fighting for absolutely no reason and acting like nothing happened afterwards
When you go to exit an application and it crashes instead